MONOCHROME Montre de Souscription 2
MONOCHROME's second watch collaboration, a.k.a. our Montre de Souscription 2, is made by Czapek. Our motto is "dedicated to fine watches" and that's why we had to choose a watch that perfectly befits this motto. Superbly made, magnificent 'horological content' and simply very good looking.
We love luxury sports watches. The looks, comfort of wearing, legibility, and overall high quality, all add to how nice it is to actually wear such a watch. The Czapek Antarctique perfectly fits the bill, and with some additional 'touches' it's even more 'fly-under-the-radar' than most in its genre.
Our Montre de Souscription 2, dubbed Monochrome White, is a luxury sports watch, that is discrete, refined and stylish. One whose pedigree can't be spotted from a distance and that's also a factor that we like a lot! It flies under the radar, yet for those in the know, it offers some proper horological prowess that can be witnessed through the see-through case back: a magnificent micro-rotor movement.
The MONOCHROME Montre de Souscription 2 is limited to 33 pieces and will be sold via subscription, a process that will sound familiar to those with some knowledge of watchmaking history.
A luxury sports watch that flies under the radar... We choose for private, discrete luxury!
The MONOCHROME "Montre de Souscription" by Czapek
“What I love so much about independent watchmaking has to do with discretion and a certain degree of selfishness. It’s all about real, discreet luxury. It’s something that flies under the radar, that doesn’t scream its pedigree, its price or its origin. Instead, independent watchmaking offers unabashed high-end watchmaking pleasure for those in the know, and above all, for the wearer of the watch. And with this MONOCHROME Montre de Souscription 2, we wanted to combine the coolness of a sleek, monochromatic luxury sports watch with genuine haute horlogerie – a treat reserved for those who can admire the reverse side of this handsome Czapek“, explains Frank Geelen, Founder of MONOCHROME.
A Beautiful Micro-Rotor Calibre
The reverse side of Montre de Souscription 2 makes a formidable impression, revealing its beauty to those few in the know. Calibre SXH5, the first movement developed and produced in-house by Czapek, is impressive on many levels. A self-winding movement measuring 30mm, the first thing to catch the eye is its distinctive architecture with a micro-rotor and seven bridges, five of which are open-worked, offering a captivating perspective on the inner workings.
A variable inertia balance wheel is held in place by a transversal bridge. The Calibre SHX5 operates at 28,800 vibrations per hour and delivers a comfortable autonomy of 60 hours on one barrel, while the powerful, off-centred platinum micro-rotor provides greater winding efficiency. The finishing creates a striking contrast. It is modern but elaborate with hand-chamfered inward angles and drawing of the flanks. The central bridge, in black-polished steel, features no fewer than six meticulously polished internal angles.
The subscription and what's in the package
We will offer the watch for subscription for a maximum duration of two weeks, or until all 33 pieces are sold. A € 5,200 EUR down-payment will be requested upon ordering the MdS2. This amount is non-refundable and does not include VAT. When pre-orders are closed, the Czapek watchmakers will start working on our Antarctique Monochrome White, which comes on a steel bracelet with fine adjustment and will come with an additional rubber strap.
Deliveries will start in February '22 and will be completed before the end of March 2022.
- 40.5mm diameter x 10.6mm thickness
- Stainless steel case, brushed with polished accents
- Sapphire crystal glass-box with anti-reflective coating
- Sapphire crystal case-back with anti-reflective coating
- Screw-down crown protected by guards
- 120m or 12 atm water-resistant
- Grained dial with silvery-white colour "Monochrome White"
- Rhodium-plated steel hour makers, Roman 12 at 12 o'clock, filled with super-Luminova
- Steel sword hands, filled with super-Luminova
- Second hand with red tip ( alternative options: red second hand or full steel second hand)
- Calibre SXH5 - Czapek's in house self-winding mechanical movement
- 30mm diameter x 4.2mm height, 193 parts including 28 jewels
- Swiss lever escapement, variable-inertia balance wheel fitted with 4 gold inertia blocks, 4Hz frequency / 28,800 vph
- Wound by a 100% recycled 950 platinum micro-rotor, 60h power reserve on one single barrel
- Finishing: open ratchets, sandblasted black bridges, bevelling, straight-grained sides, six hand-chamfered inward angles
- Functions: hours, minutes, central seconds, date at 6 o’clock
- Watch strap
- Integrated stainless steel bracelet with brushed and polished surfaces, folding clasp and new micro-adjustment system
- Easy-release system to change from bracelet to rubber strap (required tool included of course)
- Additional black, grey or white rubber strap on triple-folding clasp also included
MONOCHROME Montre de Souscription 2
The price of the MONOCHROME Montre de Souscription 2 is € 17,200 EUR (excluding taxes.) The watch comes with an additional rubber strap in white, grey or black, and a double folding clasp. You can also choose your second hand of choice: red, only a red tip or all steel. We'll connect after the purchase to align on these options! The price also includes free insured shipping to your desired location and a 3-year warranty by Czapek.
You can order the watch, by paying the (non-refundable) deposit of € 5,200 EUR(excluding taxes) and the remaining amount will be charged when the watch is ready to be shipped.
VAT or taxes will depend on your local Value Added Tax (no clue what kind of value your government will provide for the VAT, but it's something we can't avoid.)